Back pain is the most common cause of work-related disability in the Developed Countries. As a Fitness Professional, you want to understand and know how to respond to your clients’ back issues, and particularly prevent from worsening their condition during the workout. Incorporating Pilates in training practice is a solution. Recent research supports that doing Pilates is not only great for sculpting a strong, lean body but also for understanding, preventing and treating back pain.
The PILATES FOR BACK PAIN workshop will start with a review of the anatomy and biomechanics of the vertebral column. You will be thought how to perform a postural assessment on your clients, and learn that awareness of neutral alignment of the spine and strengthening of the deep postural muscles (core) that support this alignment are important skills for best assisting your clients suffering from back pain.
After the workshop, you will be able to integrate your daily training classes with a series of safe exercises for spinal mobilization and stabilization. You will be aware of the main causes of vertebral misalignment and postural asymmetries, and you will know how to react to and/or correct them through some of the Pilates Matwork exercises.
DURING THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL:
- Review the anatomical and biomechanical structure of the vertebral column
- Review the anatomical definition of CORE and the interaction between all its muscular components
- Understand the functional meaning of Ideal Alignment, learn how to perform a Postural Assessment and review the main causes of vertebral misalignment and postural asymmetries
- Learn and practice numerous techniques and exercises to react to and/or correct spinal misalignments and conditions
- Be delivered a safe tested and effective Pilates-based protocol of exercises for back pain relief